Tajine chicken with olives and lemon4 October 2019
Ingredients: 2 thighs and chicken breasts – 1 nice handful of olives – 1 large onion – 2 cloves of garlic – 2 slices of lemon – 2 spoonfuls of spices – 2 spoonfuls of chopped parsley – 3 spoons of olive oil
– Bone and cut chicken thighs into pieces. Peel and slice the onion into strips, peel and chop the garlic.
– Heat the olive oil in a casserole or tagine dish placed over high heat. When hot, place the onion strips, then fry for 5 minutes, mixing well, until
they are golden. Add chicken pieces, chopped garlic and curry spices, mix well, then cook for 10 min, stirring frequently, until chicken pieces are well coloured.
– add water to the chicken pieces, add salt and pepper, then cover the casserole or tagine, turn down the heat over low and cook for 30 minutes. In the meantime, wash, cut two and
pit the green olives.
– After 30 minutes, add the pitted green olives and lemon slices. Then cover again and continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes.
– When the tagine is ready, top it with chopped parsley, then adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately this chicken tagine with a little couscous semolina or rice.