Moroccan sardine tajine17 October 2019
Ingredients: 1 kg of sardines – 500g potato – 1 green pepper – 2 onion – marinade or chermoula: 4 cloves of garlic – juice of one lemon – tea glass olive oil – 1 teaspoon of cumin – chopped parsley – 1
tomato – large amount of olive – candied lemon – harissa – capers.
– Wash the sardines,
– Prepare the chermoula: In a mortar, pile the herbs with the garlic and spices. Pour the chermoula into a container, add the lemon juice and olive oil. Mix.
– Coat the flesh of each sardine (open, flat) with the chermoula, cover with a second sardine. And do so with all the sardines.
– In your tagine and over low heat, pre-cook your sliced potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and a little water for about ten minutes.
– Assemblage: Grate a large garlic and 1 tomato and mix with the rest of the chermoula. Arrange some of it on the potatoes.
Place the sliced onions on top of the pepper slices and finally the rosette-shaped sardine fillets. Spread the rest of the chermoula on the skin of your sardines.
– Bake at 180c/Th.6 for about 30 minutes without the lid. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add a few olives and 1/2 lemon confit, thinly sliced and capers.